Home Inspiration...

Image via Saarmanche
As I get older, the simpler I like my life.  My wardrobe is pared back to breton, and navy, jeans and sandals. I love to garden, wander the woods and beaches looking for natures treasure.  And my home is now starting to reflect this.

Gone are the bright colours that once were (although my front door is still painted bright yellow, time for a change soon).  Instead I am loving muted shades, natural wood, greys, white, blues.  A neutral backdrop to allow the beauty of objects shine.

I love this image above.  It's by Saar Manche a mother, illustrator and blogger from The Netherlands.  I've been following her gorgeous Instagram feed for a while now and saw this image above and swooned.

That light!  OMG that light!  The old mirror, the simple floral arrangement, the fireplace and the small art work - had me in love at first sight.  

Here is the other view....


Oh to sit there looking up the garden in that sunlight.... heaven!

Labels: